Look out for the glimmers, breathe them in and hold onto them tight.
Here at Happy Confident Kids we ❤️ a ✨glimmer✨, we seek them out.
Glimmers are the opposite of triggers; they make you feel safe connected and relaxed. They are the good stuff.
Glimmers come in all shapes and sizes, and they often just small things:
- taking five mins in the sun listening to the birds singing,
- a joke with a child when you both laugh out loud,
- eating your favourite foods,
- celebrating when something goes well.
I have had a few beautiful glimmers recently with my two children, watching as they navigate their relationship out of term time and into school holidays. These include:
- my eldest helping her sister onto various equipment at the park.
- my children walking hand in hand just chatting.
- sharing a love of pomegranates together with my children and all getting excited when we spotted some huge ones on offer.
- rock pooling with our children and the excitement when we found the tiniest of crabs.
The memories are all small, some that pass in the glint of an eye; I am holding onto them supper tight, as when times get tough these are what keep me going.